Blewtooth

Sailing Blewtooth; my little Westerly Tiger Sailboat

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

 

Men and Ships Rot in Port!

Greetings from the beautiful city of Savannah.  Today is the 8th anniversary of  Blewtooth's arrival from Rivera Beach Florida.  I have had some fun sailing here from time to time but  Blewtooth's excursions have been woefully far and few between.  I am now recovering from a very painful and discomforting hernia surgery in my groin area and have decided that if I ever get better (seems like forever) I should sail to someplace,,,,,anyplace fun and just keep going.  Maybe,  family and friends hold me here.  Can I break the bonds?  I just don't know.. But the May addition of Sail Magazine had an article by Ray Jason about exploring the wonders of Bocas Del Toro in Panama and as I sit here at my makeshift desk next to my bed (working from home so I can lay down when it becomes too painful to sit) I think,  gosh that is  just a hop skip and a jump from Savannah...first make it down and around the Keys next winter and take my time.  Then get to Key West, rest up and make the crossing after a quick look see at the Dry Tortugas.

OK,  so ...........


Back to work so I can keep my job
So I can pay my bills
I have promises to keep first
I have committed to flying to other places so I can have a quick vacation and then back to my job!
I now have medical bills to pay off....OOOOOOOOFFFFFFF!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

March 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   January 2006   September 2006   October 2006   December 2006   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   August 2008   June 2010   July 2010   March 2011   July 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?